http://www.sunnysidesports.com/about-us/dons-blog/

Monday, January 10, 2011

FIRST RIDE OF THE YEAR


I always take a brake from cycling after cross season is over. For me it is a forced brake as I don't have the burnout syndrome. I always want to ride. That doesn't mean I want to go out in the rain and snow and freeze, but if the sun is out and roads or trails are ridable my heart sings out to me "lets go ride". The last month wasn't hard not to ride, we had snow, cold and blustery weather and then I got a cold. So today with some weather coming in this week the sun and the dry roads beckoned. Out I went. Yes my fingers were cold and the wind on my face burned, but after a while the sun warmed me up.
It was one of those perfect winter days, no wind (big chainring most of the time) and the white of the Three Sisters was startling. If our weather was like this all winter it would be easy to get into cycling shape. That won't be the case. More storms are moving in as I write this and skiing will be the preferred way to to enjoy the central oregon out of doors. We will have more days like yesterday but the first one is special.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like some great TT training, Don. Hey, I am in Madras now & looking for people to ride with. I have some great loop rides out of here. We could meet at Great Earth bakery right in town and go from there. Tomorrow (Sat.,Jan.15) looks good. I will be at Great Earth at 9 a.m. if anyone wants an easy going ride. Call me at 503-319-5514 for info!!!!