http://www.sunnysidesports.com/about-us/dons-blog/

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Happiness, Longevity , Health and Peace

 
Today is our 37th anniversary. It really doesn't seem that long. I just saw A Fiddler on the Roof and in one of the songs they were singing about 25 long years. That was 12 years ago. I don't even feel like I am 37 years old. Though I will say the guy in the mirror looks a lot like my Dad. 

Currently I am reading this book, and in it the heroine has to solve a puzzle.  They are at a monastery in China and she has to put into order of importance the following, Health, Longevity, Peace and Happiness. If you looked at the title of my blog you will know the answer. As far as our marriage goes we have had all four of those and I would say in the proper order, Happiness (for sure), Longevity (37 years out of a total of 57 (my age))again for sure. Healthy. We have done pretty darn good on that one also. And peace. If one of your favorite activities is sitting by a fire with a kitty on your lap, like mine then peace for sure. I feel those four sum up what we have done.  I was just writing a younger friend and I was hoping he would have what we have. 

Mountain bike season is on us (or at least me). I will start doing some posts on my favorite outdoor activity. But the cool thing is yesterday I cleared a technical section I had never managed to clear before. It really doesn't matter where it was (the steep switch backs going out of Shevlin to Mrazek), but that even now I can improve my riding. I try to be cautious   but I know if Kathy saw me riding she would think I was more insane than cautious. I will say it felt good. Now I have to see if I can do it again. 
Thanks for reading.
Don
 

No comments: