http://www.sunnysidesports.com/about-us/dons-blog/

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

WRAITHS AND MOUNTAIN BIKERS




 
If you look closely at these photos you can see a "buzzard" sitting in the tree, it the dark spot in the middle of the photo. In the other photo if you look in the upper left you can see the buzzard just after it attacked Pete. A few minutes earlier it swooped down on me and almost hit my helmet. We left the area thinking we were safe and then I heard some shouting, then something hit my helmet. It was the black wraith. Hawks seem somewhat noble and beautiful, but when they attack you they are evil and dark. I felt like one of the hobbits from Lord of the Rings. I wasn't sure what to do. My friend Kevin was with us and he is over 6 and a half feet tall. I went and rode next to him for awhile. 
We were doing an epic ride that day so we still had a long time to go. I let the adrenaline race through my blood and off we went again. This time it was a long switch bike climb with a gorgeous descent through trees and meadows. There was even an old castle we went by. This is not Oregon. 
We ended up riding for almost 5 hours, we did one climb that was so steep I had to stop and rest. What a day. I have three more days and Andy is taking me to some other areas to ride. The weather is going to get worse so we will be ready for some rain and mud. Next blog will about something completely different.
Don

No comments: