http://www.sunnysidesports.com/about-us/dons-blog/

Friday, October 5, 2007

BEND IN 2007


I I have lived in Central Oregon since 1969. I have seen a lot of changes. When I moved here the population was 12,000, now 75,000. Then no mountain bike trail, now hundreds of miles. Then 4 bike racers, now .... Not all bad things have happened with more people. I great library, lots of good places to eat, and, as you can see in the photos, we have lots of professional bike racers living in town. In this photo, of the local thurs night cross race we have a couple of Sunnyside Riders and a fellow dressed in Pink. One of the spectators asked why anyone would wear pink. Well, I pointed out that is Aaron Olson of the T-Mobile team. Recently returned from Europe with a podium (3rd) finish in the Tour of Ireland. In the other photos you can see recently crowned SSWC and current mountain bike champion Adam Craig, and his team mate, 2nd in SSWC and 5th ranked American mountain bike racer, Carl Decker. Of course Carl is no new comer to Bend. He has been here since around 1980. He started racing the same year I did. He was around 10 and I was 33. Bend is a great place to live if you like bicycles.

No comments: