http://www.sunnysidesports.com/about-us/dons-blog/

Thursday, December 10, 2009

5 hours and counting

So why do I write this blog anyway? Do I think I know so much that I have to let it out?
I really am not sure. What I do know is I am writing this one for myself. I have decided to race, I have spent some serious time on a trainer this fall and early winter, I have ridden outside 6 times since October 1st. So what exactly do you expect in this race? These are the thoughts that go through me head. So first of all, assuming I am correct and racing will not re injure me, starting this race is a victory for me. 6 weeks ago I was pretty sure I would not race this year. When my leg strength came back and pain went I started to think maybe. When it stayed away and the practice barricades didn't aggravate anything I was pretty sure. Now I am just waiting at home for the big moment. I do think a top 5 is in reach. It will be hard . I will have to have all my skills on top of my game and my legs will have to answer to each call to go.
I will have fun. The course could not be better suited for me. Not many dismounts, slick corners and a couple of drops. I will write the second half of this this afternoon.
Don

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Go, Sweetheart!!!!!!!!!!