http://www.sunnysidesports.com/about-us/dons-blog/

Thursday, April 2, 2009

OSPREY CATCHING FISH AND NO CAMERA

I have no photo to prove what I saw yesterday, but it was cool anyway. I am not sure I would have been able to get a photo anyway. Here is a link to some good photos of an Osprey with fish just so you know how cool it was. Osprey with fish photos
I was riding home from Phil's  Trailhead through Brokentop on the bike path. A few years ago they built a pond, where there should be none, in the middle of this dry and dusty burned over area. They have some houses (very large houses) over looking this pond now. For me it is a fake pond and it seems way out of place. Yesterday, though, an Osprey showed me I may be wrong. As I was riding home I noticed something on my left, I looked and sure enough an Osprey was diving into this pond, and low and behold up it comes with a live and wriggly fish. This all happened right in front of my eyes. I might think this pond is fake but to that Osprey is was as real as the ocean. 
My camera is out of commission so I have no photo. I am not sure it would have made difference as I don't know if I would have been able to get a decent photo anyway. So keep your eyes open. Even in a fake pond real things happen. I will be paying more attention in the future.
Don

No comments: